CAO Mission Statement
The Canadian Association of Orthodontists is the national organization and official voice for registered orthodontic specialists and is dedicated to the promotion of the highest standards of excellence in orthodontic education and quality orthodontic care.View Membership Brochure
The Objectives of the Canadian Association of Orthodontists
- Advance the Science and Art of Orthodontics.
- Strive for higher standards of excellence in the practice of orthodontics.
- Protect the rights of its members as certified specialists in orthodontics.
- Promote public awareness of the benefits of orthodontic health care rendered by certified specialists in orthodontics.
Some of the membership benefits you will enjoy as an active member include:
- Development of Canadian-centric Consumer Marketing
- Annual Scientific Session with reduced registration fees
- Listing in the online Membership Directory
- Two Bulletin publications per year
- Listing in the Online “Find An Orthodontist” search tool for the public
- Informative membership e-blasts
- Membership manual containing information vital to your practice such as third party insurance guidelines, HST guidelines, etc.
- Support from the CAO Helpline (a service which helps resolve disputes between patients/parents and the member orthodontist)
- Access to the services in the Members Only Section of the CAO website. This includes:
- Locum service, poster presentations, webinar archive viewing
- Dedicated Liaison and programs for New and Younger members
- Strong representation with the American Association of Orthodontists, Canadian Dental Specialties Association
A person who is registered as an orthodontic specialist with a Dental Regulatory Authority (DRA) in Canada may apply for active membership in this Association. Active Members shall pay all dues and assessments.
Members of this Association who have been Active or Academic Members of this Association for forty consecutive years shall be granted Life-Active Membership. Life-Active Members shall pay 50% of all Active Members dues and assessments, and shall be eligible to hold office in the Association.
Student To Active Member
A CAO Student Member who has graduated from an accredited orthodontic program and fulfills the requirements for membership may apply for Active Membership status. Discounts are available for the first and second year following graduation. The full Active rate commences with the third year following graduation.
Graduate and postgraduate students presenting evidence of active enrollment in a Commission on Dental Accreditation approved graduate level program are eligible to apply for student membership. The application must be confirmed by the Head of the Orthodontic Department where the student is enrolled. Student members shall be exempt from payment of all dues and assessments and shall not be eligible for voting privileges and shall not be eligible to hold office in the Association.
A person who has successfully completed a university level program in orthodontics and is employed full time in an orthodontic program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada may apply for Academic membership. Academic membership must be accompanied by verification of full time employment by the Dean or Chair of the Orthodontic department where applicant is employed. Academic membership status shall automatically terminate upon the earlier of the following: (1) election to active membership in the Association; or (2) termination of full-time employment in an orthodontic program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada. Academic Members receive all Active Member benefits, may hold office in the Association, and are eligible for discounts on their annual dues.
Join CAO today!
To join CAO, simply download our printable Membership Application Form (PDF), and mail or fax your completed Application to the address indicated on the form.
Please contact the office for current membership pricing!Join Today!